Tuesday, November 15, 2016

When You Can't Figure Things Out

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”
(Proverbs 3:5-6)

When you can’t figure things out on your, when you don’t know how to address a bad situation, or you are unsure of a choice you are supposed to make, all we can do is trust in the Lord and He will guide our steps.  He will direct us in the right direction, and even if we take the wrong road because we didn’t hear His voice; He will redirect our paths in the future so that we do wind up where we are supposed to be. 

I can relate this back to when I met my second husband years ago.  Before I met him I was working for a company where I was laid off.  I had worked there for years and it was like my second family; however, there was a merger and my position was no longer needed.  I thought that was awful and wondered, why would God allow this to happen when I was about to become a single Mom.  I thought I would never be able to afford it on my own with the kids and the thought of dating again, was a terrible thought.  However, I found a new job, received a nice raise shortly after I started and became friends with my future husband, who was also going through a divorce.  Over time, we became very close and relied on each other for support.  After about a year into our relationship, I was fortunate enough to go back to that same company that I loved so much, but in a different position making even more money and had more flexibility.  God took a bad situation and made it so much better. 


Give your burdens and worries to God and trust that He will make it right.  Ask Him how you should do something; ask Him for a sign; ask Him to help you make the right decision; ask for His guidance toward the right path you should take; ask for Him to bring the right people towards you to aid in your desires.  Then listen to what He has to say; listen to the quiet voice you hear; and recognize the signs He is providing you with.  It could be as simple as message on Facebook directing to you a resource you need, or a thought just pops in your head out nowhere.  When you believe, He will not let you down.  Just realize though even when it doesn’t happen when we expect it to, it doesn’t mean that it won’t happen.  Acknowledge God and give Him thanks for putting the plan together for when it is the right time.  Believe that it is on the way, and He will make it even better!

No comments: