Monday, November 28, 2016

Recognizing Signs from God


“God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.” (Hebrews 2:4)


I’m going to try and explain for those who feel they have never received signs from God before, what those signs might look or feel like.  My husband and I were talking a few weeks ago and he made a comment that God never talks to him or gives him signs.  I couldn’t believe that he said that, because God clearly gave him a sign.  I was there and had to remind him about the day he was so distraught when he was laid off and had been desperately looking for a job for almost a year.  He was in the kitchen leaning his head in his hands and said, “God, just give me a sign.”  I swear to you, it was not two minutes later when he walked out on the deck to smoke a cigarette when he leaned over the railing and looked down to the ground.  He couldn’t believe what he was seeing, so he called me and pointed it out to me.  I couldn’t believe it, but there lying on the ground was a gold cross that apparently had fallen off of someone’s necklace over a year ago during a cookout party.  It was as if my heart stopped beating for a minute, as I took a deep gasp of air.  All I could say was, “There’s your Sign!”  The fact that I even had to remind him about it, was mind blowing to me because that sign wasn’t even meant for me, well maybe it was meant for both of us, because it sure made a lasting impression on me.  Two weeks later, He received a job offer and is still with that company today!

Signs come in many forms, sometimes they are small voices you hear in your head and you think they are your own thoughts, well usually they are the thoughts given to you by the Holy Spirit when you are a believer!  Other times, God is leading us in a different direction and we don’t even realize it, sometimes he brings people into our lives for a reason or a season to teach us something we need in order for us to grow, or we need to teach them something for them to grow.  We may even receive signs from our loved ones through feathers, pennies, rainbows, flowers, scents, and we don’t even realize it. 


I’m a believer who has become so in touch with God lately that I am able to recognize everything as a sign from Him or that I am being led through the Holy Spirit in order to do God’s Will.  Don’t take this as I am bragging, because that is farthest from the truth.  I am a very humble person; it’s is my dream, and God’s will for me, to share my experiences and help to inspire others to become more God-like in their everyday actions so that they too can receive His abundance of favors.  Talk to God and thank him for everything He has brought into your life and be grateful for what you do have.  The more you do this, the more favor you will receive back, and then the more you will want to do for God, and watch as the cycle continues.  Learn to recognize those signs and act on His Will and you will accomplish your wildest dreams!  Pray Big, and expect Big in return!  God wants an abundance for each of us, so be sure to claim what is yours!

No comments: