Thursday, November 17, 2016

Don't Rush Our Time Together



In today’s busy life, there doesn’t ever seem to be time for all the things we want or need to do.  We are always trying to please someone, and usually it’s not ourselves.  What I’ve learned though is that by pleasing God first, everything else seems to fall into place.  I start my morning talking with God and reading my daily devotional every day.  Afterwards, my mood seems to relax, I feel more confident and at peace, and my day goes much better.  Yes, there are still days when I tend to get frustrated of things that go wrong, but because my focus started with God, I can always get it focused back on God and thank Him for the delay or turn of events I was not expecting.  Everything happens for a reason and though we do not always know that reason, we must have faith and trust in Him.

When you are frustrated, if we you just turn to God or even just whisper the name “Jesus” over and over again in our heads, it can calm you down almost instantly.  He is always with us.  The more and more we grow in our spiritual journey with God, we will quickly realize that He is more or less training us to depend on Him and Him alone.  We will truly begin to find enjoyment in His presence.  And the more we do for Him, the more He does for us, and then we only want to do more, and the cycle continues.  That’s how we live an abundant life through God! 

So, despite how busy your day might be, I urge you to take some time to talk with God.  Do not rush your conversation.  Take the time to talk, be still, and then listen to what He has to say.  Then before you go to sleep, be sure to thank Him for getting you one more day closer to your dream – whatever your dream may be.  He wants to fill us with His love, Joy, and Peace, so stay with Him a while and listen to that small voice He puts in your head as He guides you toward your future happiness!


“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, 
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

No comments: