Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Take A Moment To Thank God

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 

Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near. 

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything,

by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, 

present your requests to God. And the peace of God, 

which transcends all understanding, 

will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

(Philippians 4:4-7)

It seems that whenever we need something or times are hard for us, we turn to God and ask for His help.  How many times though, have you taken a minute just to ‘Thank Him’ for what He has given you and what He is about to send your way?  I know when I was young, it was always taught to me to pray to God to bless my family and to keep us safe, and to bless those that were ailing, etc.  I don’t remember thanking Him for the prayers He did answer, or for the blessings He did send my way.  I didn’t learn this until much later in my spiritual journey; and now, I thank Him more than anything.  It seems too, that the more I thank and praise God, the more I get in return. 


God has become my friend, my confident, my provider, my savior, my supporter, my counselor, my guidance, my everything!  There is not a day that goes by that I don’t talk to Him several times a day, and listen to what He has to say to me.  There isn’t a day that goes by where He is not leading me.  I have faith in His words, though they may be unspoken, they are heard within my soul.  Through the Holy Spirit I am led every day.  When I take His lead and act without hesitancy, I am rewarded.  I know without a doubt that when the time is right, my dream will come to be and it will be better than anything I could ever imagine. 



I urge you, to ‘Thank God’ for everything He has done for you and for everything He will do for you.  Believe that it is on its way.  Have faith and trust in His timing, and it will be done!  He wants nothing but the best for us, and when we reach out to Him, His hand is there for us to grab onto for support!

No comments: