Tuesday, October 18, 2016

God Will Give You Rest


 “If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest. 
Take the yoke I give you. Put it on your shoulders and learn from me. 
I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest. 
This yoke is easy to bear, and this burden is light.” 
(Matthew 11:28-30)

The Lord says to us in many different ways that He will fight for us, and that we only need to be still in His presence.  Turn your burdens over to God and then take a slow, deep, calming breathe and you will feel His presence within your soul.  A great feeling of peace will replace the heavy burdens you were feeling.  The more you experience anxiety and stress in your everyday life, that’s when you need to spend more time with God.  Set aside a quiet place just for you and God to have time together every day!  The more you seek Him, the closer He draws you toward Him, and you will begin to recognize the gifts He is glorifying you with.  Those gifts will grow in abundance as you hold Him close in your heart throughout your day every day!


I can honestly say this has been true for me.  Since my heart attack back in April, I have been talking with Him more and more every day.  Every day I grow closer to Him.  He has answered my prayers.  He is making me a stronger person.  I’m a person who now has confidence and knows how to control difficult situations that I may be faced with.  The biggest thing I have learned is that we cannot change anyone.  No matter how much we try, or how much we love them or they love us.  God wants us to change.  Change the way we see things.  Change the way we react and handle difficult situations.  Giving our burdens to God, trusting that He will fight for us, believing that what we have asked for will be ours is the key.  And, then, taking it a step further and looking within ourselves for how we can change our ways to be more Godly, will bring us the peace, joy, happiness, prosperity and the abundant life God has planned for us.  There isn’t a better feeling than being filled with the love of God, our Heavenly Father, who wants nothing but the best for all of us!

No comments: