Monday, October 17, 2016

FOR THOSE SUFFERING THE LOSS OF A CHILD



"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?'"
(John 11:25-26)

October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month.  This is such a painful topic and I’ve given it a lot of thought, a lot of reflection, and a lot of prayer this year.  This tragedy affected my family and it has been a very difficult time for everyone, but mostly for the parents of this adorable baby girl who was taken way too early.  What do you say to someone who has lost a child?  It’s an unbearable heartache that no one should endure.  The loss of anyone is difficult, but a child is excruciating. There really are no words, so all we can do is remind you to hold onto your faith and look to God for support and know that He will get us through these difficult times.


"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
(Isaiah 41:10)

You are not alone in your suffering and grief; Jesus died from much suffering so that He can bring us peace through His Holy Spirit.  Put your faith and trust in God, and know that He will never abandon you.  Lean not on our own understanding, and rejoice knowing that one day you will hold that precious child in your arms again.  God will give you the strength you need to endure and He will make you a much stronger person.  Keep your hearts open to receiving His undying love for you!  Remember He is our Heavenly Father and just like us, we want the best for our children.  If for some reason we cannot have them, rejoice because they are in God’s loving arms and those loved ones that are already with Him! 

No comments: